Our Economic Crisis

Commentary: Bankruptcy, not bailout, is the right answer


Frankly, I don't have a clue what to believe. I haven't a clue how to fix our economy, but the linked article is very interesting and definately worth a read.

Part of me was hoping the 700 billion dollar bailout would be approved--it would have given us some immediate security, but I think that it's probably good to put the brakes on for now, take a deep breath, and reassess the situation.

You would think this situation would help unite Reds and Blues, but I'm upset with the partisanship involved...........Pelosi didn't seem to help the situation either. Also, how does Obama expect to get support from Republicans after saying that they......paraphrasing....."don't deserve any credit for this bill." This is a pleasant reminder why I dislike the 2-party system.



It's interesting that 95 Dems voted against the bill, and more Republicans voted for it than I had envisioned............what a confusing political mess!

A Democrat in Congress said.....paraphrasing......."We don't bail out thieves, we put them in prison."

Anyways, no brilliant answers today........I won't bother posting other stuff ripping Obama (at least today).......oddly, it doesn't seem appropriate right now. Again, the article is definately worth a read.

1 Comment:

  1. Josh said...
    What a mess. It would be too simple to blame one side or the other. I just hope things level out soon and we don't all end up singing Woody Guthrie songs again. I think I have too much optimism to think we're in another Fantastic Depression and I would really, really hate to be wrong on that part.

    I think the bailout failed because every elected person in the country has been inundated by letters from their constituents about how much everybody hates them right now. I know I don't have the brain cells to come up with any brilliant ideas. But I know it stinks when all the rich kids are the ones getting a free pass for tanking our economy.

    I agree with James. It seems too important to muck up by injecting the election into this mess.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.