Their love will go on



I don't want to say 'I told you so'... Aw, who am I kidding, yes I do!

Two weeks ago conservatives were all a twitter when polls showed that McCain had managed to pull a minor lead out of a hat. This blog was home to comments such as:


I have noticed, as have the polls, that McCain has all but wiped out any bounce that Obama woul've received. too bad he shot himself in the foot with that Biden guy...

The Dems are worried man. Joe Biden didn't affect the polls at all, which has them worried as well.

I don't care too much, but I can't resist getting a chuckle at Hollywood's expense. I think they might actually be hurting Obama's campaign.
I'm sure the Hollywood liberal conspiracy must be relieved. All thanks to political wizard Jason Bourne. I hear he hunted those polls down and choked them to death with his bare hands. With his eyes were closed.

As I said before:

You might be excited for now, but just wait. There's still plenty of time for McGrumpy to bore us all to tears before the election. And just wait until Minnie Mouse is asked actual questions instead of just repeating the tired, and patently false, "and I said thanks, but NO THANKS to your bridge to nowhere."

Give it a week, maybe two.

Then we'll talk.


Anyone want to talk about polls now? McCain is asleep at the wheel (dang ambien) and Palin can't answer four questions without that moose-in-the-headlights look on her face.

Let me be the first to admit: we're not there yet, but things are starting to get a little more comfortable. With any luck John McCain will have a few more Hail Mary's up his sleeve that will utterly decimate any hope he has of a meaningful political future. For his next trick we can expect him to suspend his campaign and threaten to skip any debates until Barack Obama joins him on a personal mission to find a cure for skin cancer.

Any legacy the man had of honesty and mavericky-ness have been erased by his stunning tailspin. It ain't over, but I feel better about it.

Que the Celine Dione music.

2 Comments:

  1. Abby and Anna said...
    At least he seems to care about what is happening enough to go try to do something about it. I might add...Barack has had a less than stellar voting record in the senate. I believe that is one of the things he is being "criticized" about. I know, however, that that is very common during campaigns.

    Also...lets place blame where it goes for this economy thing...1992...the Clinton admin. and Janet Reno and the subprime mortgages. Not a great investment...obviously. Oh, and I truly don't believe that Bush admin. did a lot to help us out with the economy...there has been out-of-control spending, I know that. But...Fannie Mae, etc...not his fault.
    Josh said...
    "Also...lets place blame where it goes for this economy thing...1992...the Clinton admin. and Janet Reno and the subprime mortgages."

    Come now. Not more of that 'let's blame Bill' response conservatives spew out 10 minutes after every new crisis. That's like blaming Hitler for all the evil in the world even though he's been dead for over 60 years.

    I'm sure the fact that banks creating a multi-trillion dollar derivatives market gambling in the subprimes and other wacky credits had nothing to do with it. That's because Bill Clinton is actually psychically controlling every massive investment bank in the country and he forced them be greedy and leverage 30 to 1. Why don't you blame Carter for coming up with the idea to regulate mortgages? Or Abraham Lincoln for inspiring all of America to have a cozy little log cabin of their own? Why don't just blame the French for coming up with stupid word like 'mortgage'?

    Because greed, on the part of the consumer and the corporation had nothing to do with it? It was Bill's fault? No. It's everybody's dang fault.

    Except for me. 'Cause I don't have a house or a mortgage.

    Dangit.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.