Here's what John McCain had to say about why he is ready to be president as compared to some other... less ready... people.

The fact is, I'm running on my record as a reliable conservative of 24 years. And the indicators of that, obviously, is that I've fought wasteful spending, I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism.

I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training.

I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time.


He was referring to not-so-ready Mitt and inexperienced Captain 9/11, for reference. Why does McCain think Sarah Palin was a much more prepared and qualified candidate than anyone else in his party?

Q: Can you honestly say you feel confident having someone who hasn’t traveled outside the United States until last year, dealing with an insurgent Russia...

MCCAIN: Sure...Alaska is right next to Russia. She understands that.

That's the best they can come up with?

Pressed about what insights into recent Russian actions she gained by living in Alaska, Palin told Gibson, "They're our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Almost being able to see Russia from an uninhabited island in Alaska's territory does NOT a foreign policy expert make. That's like saying you are an expert on technology because you live near the Silicon Valley.

Who forgot to teach her that the answer to any question about war is, at least, "war should be avoided at all costs," or, "all avenues of diplomacy should be explored." Instead she jumps right into the war mentality and say: 'Perhaps so.' What is obvious from her shockingly poorly-handled 'war with Russia' question is she lacks the experience and judgment for the job she's running for. What American thinks reigniting the potential for nuclear war should be a "perhaps so" kind of thing.

I'm done with Sarah Palin. She is the unfortunate pawn in an ugly campaign. She is in a position where she has to lie continually to maintain her talking points. Judging by the way she is coming across on these celebrity-style interviews I don't think the future is boding well.

If her running-mate doesn't think she's qualified, I don't know why I should give her the time of day.

Done with Palin. Can we get back to the issues now?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.