Treason? Nice Try.

Before I get started, this is a picture of me descending Leatherman Peak. The 2nd tallest mountain in Idaho. We did it this past weekend. Lots of snow, ice, and sore muscles. Staff, I wish you were there. Come do Rainer with us May of 08. Anyways, my first real mountaineering ice climb. The peak was 12,543 feet. Heinous.
And now...

While I enjoy a good scandal, (though it does no good for our country's image) I am pretty tired of Plame's situation being construed as a Dick Cheney fiasco. There is a lot of assumption going into thinking that Cheney was the master-mind behind the Plame ousting. Not that I don't think he couldn't come up with it, but I'm not sure what he would gain by leaking it. Rove might stand more to gain, but he is in enough trouble already. If Rove is as "tight" with Bush as is touted, again, what would he have to gain also? I think it is way too late to think that anything could be gained politically by this. I can guarantee that she will use her looks and situation to get at least a dozen interviews, a few speechs, and two books. No doubt it will turn into a money and popularity contest with her. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but it seems too coincidental that this happens almost every time. Clinton ring a bell.

Now, on to more important things, our future Pres. Romney.
Still, Romney is making a significant impact on the American people. As Josh so dutifully pointed out, Romney took the majority vote from the recent PAC convention.(Glad to see you coming around.) He beat out Guliani, McCain and the others. He also is gaining significant ground in Michigan and believe it or not, Ohio.

Shocking, I know. But why should it be so shocking? In a recent interview that Mitt Romney had on Fox News, he was confronted by the interviewer as to his position change on abortion, Mitt did not back down. He said that he did change his position about 4 years ago and is now pro-life. No other candidate can say with clear diction why they changed a position. He made no excuses as to why he changed his view. America is about learning and educating one's self for the improvement of others. Mitt has done that. If I learn valid things that would change my opinion, I might consider making a modification to my view points. As would any of you I would imagine, where there is credible proof. His view points will directly influence the outcome of the next election for the better. No other candidate, neither Dem nor Reb, will be able to stand toe to toe with him and be secure in their position.





Sorry it took me a while to get this one posted. Work is out of control right now. And Courtney jsut got Sara's scissors and cut half of her hair off. Nice.

1 Comment:

  1. Glum said...
    Sorry, I really did mean to invite everyone to come to Rainier in May of '08. The more the merrier.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.