Folksy?

I have heard this time and time again. He's folksy.

That's great that his gaffs make him seem human but they also make him look like an idiot. I don't like my president to look like an idiot. I like my country, I don't think the country is stupid but, he makes us look that way.

As for him convincing Americans of his points of view with his sincerity, that's just baloney. He doesn't sound sincere to me. He sounds like he is reading a speech that Karl wrote for him and he just doesn't understand why Karl has to use so many fancy words. It's obvious he uses cliches that are fed to him and he hasn't a clue what they actually mean.

"Fool me once... (what was it that Karl said, and what the heck did it mean?"

It's not just that he is inarticulate, we all are at times. It's the fact that he admits he is ignorant about history, doesn't read any news, doesn't know what the tide is, thinks we've been allies with Japan for 150 years, and so on.

As for being elected twice, I won't go into the first election when he was appointed by the Supreme Court, and in the last election only 60% of Americans who can vote actually did. 31% chose him, meaning between 20-25% of the population actually voted for Bush. Now, the real problem is voter apathy, people don't care enough to get out and vote but even still! Not political capital, just one in four. I would venture that one if four people can be fooled.

2 Comments:

  1. James said...
    I don't look forward to his gaffs.....who does?

    It's easy to criticize and find fault with someone you don't like.

    I wasn't talking about gaffs.......Bush could say "Gee, the weather is great today" and he would still sound like an "idiot" to some. To me, he sounds like a sincere person that I know, can relate with, and can respect.

    I give a crap what other nations think about ours.....

    They hate us, but expect us to take care of them when they're in trouble. I'm so close to supporting Monroe Doctrine and saying to hell with the rest of the world and let them fend for themselves and see if they'll finally appreciate what we've done for them. Granted, I don't think that's in our best interest, but I'm sick of it......I'm sick of the U.N. expecting so much from us, but giving jack in return. I'm sick of nations that don't have their own military (even when they're controlled by drug cartels) because they know America will take care of them. I'm sick of nations accusing ours of not doing enough, especially when we're feeding their people.

    I'm sick of our own people ruthlessly attacking our president because he doesn't sound smart enough to lead the country. We have so many more important and pressing matters to attend to than to constantly attack Bush during the most crucial time in our nation's history........I'm telling you right now, I would even support the vile Clintons if they were still in control. It is a time for unity........but the dems don't want unity--that would interfere with their campaign tactics.

    Just one last thing....our President is smart.....I don't know what to say to people who complain that he doesn't sound smart--I can understand why they say that. But there are many intelligent people in the world who don't express themselves eloquently...And whether you want to admit it or not....."Folksy" works.
    James said...
    As a disclaimer.....I'm more of a Republican than I am a Bush-lover......I recognize that he's made mistakes, but I often ask "what would someone else have done better?".....all that's left is hypothetical solutions to very complex and difficult situations our nation has faced.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.