I want to reserve judgement. I would like my conservative friends to help me not think so poorly of the Head of State. Please, clear this up for me. I don’t want to, really, truly don’t want to believe that our President is an idiot. But, listening to him whenever he opens his mouth I can’t help but think he ain’t too bright. I’m not saying this to be mean or to disparage him. I just cannot stand to listen to him talk simply because I get embarrassed for him. It’s like watching a kid giving an oral report in class who spent his time playing XBOX instead of studying. I’m sure he is knowledgeable, he graduated from a prestigious school. I’m sure he has an understanding of world issues and politics, he is the Pres after all. But, then, why does he sound like such an idiot?

A few examples.

Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die.

Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?

I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.

You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.

Here’s a great exchange.
President Bush: Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?
Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: I can take them off.
Bush: I'm interested in the shade look, seriously.
Wallsten: All right, I'll keep it, then.
Bush: For the viewers, there's no sun.
Wallsten: I guess it depends on your perspective.
Bush: Touché.

Exchange with legally blind reporter Peter Wallsten, to whom Bush later apologized, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

No question in my mind these are tough times for America. But there's no question in my mind we'll prevail. Right is on our side. And we'll prevail, because we're a fabulous nation, and we're a fabulous nation because we're a nation full of fabulous people.

It’s not just these occasions. I have a habit of not listening to his addresses because it is just too painful.

Is it too much to ask for a President who doesn’t sound like an idiot? To the rest of the world, he is our spokesman. That thought alone makes me want to cry. Now he is spouting about how he doesn't want his aides to appear in front of congress under oath because it would be a ‘show trial’ (Yea, I digress). First off, has anyone asked the President if he knows what a show trial is (doubt it), and second, has he no understanding of how common this is? Since Republicans are so fond of harking back to the Clinton days, lets look back and see how many White House aides appeared under oath before congress. In total: 31.

So is the the testimony part that they are so afraid of, or the under-oath part? Strange, in this case, Clinton appears to have a higher moral ground than Bush.

And he could put two sentences together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.