Here's one where I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing out loud.

I had just laid Lincoln down to sleep after we read our scriptures and he said his prayers. We were just talking (he is a master at postponing bedtime) and I thought I would talk to him about his primary lesson.

I said something about the Holy Ghost not having a body when he came up with this perfectly logical conclusion based on his understanding of how prayer works.

"Daddy. If I get lonely I can pray!"

"That's right Lincoln, you can!"

"Yup, and after I pray, I'll hear a 'ding-dong'!"

That made me pause. I don't think he's seen It's a Wonderful Life so I had no idea where he was coming from.

"You would hear a 'ding-dong'?"

"Yup, and I would open the door and Jesus would be here! Then I wouldn't be lonely!"

At that moment, I had to feign a coughing fit. I had no brilliant answers and didn't feel like explaining the Crucifixion and resurrection right before bedtime so I left it at;

"Well, Jesus couldn't come to the house because..... he's..... very far away. But if you do get lonely the Holy Ghost can help you feel better."

I know, brilliant. I thought I was in for another doozy but he just stared back at me with fixed eyes and said,

"That's right daddy. He doesn't have a body."

1 Comment:

  1. James said...
    For lack of a more manly word......cute.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.