I appreciate fairness a lot more.

Blagojevic was denied a fair trial. He was condemned guilty before anything was proven.

He deserved to have all the tapes played, he deserved to have witnesses (subpoenas issued if needed), and he deserved an unbiased trial.

From the tape that I've listened to, it sure makes us think that he was selling the position to the highest bidder, but playing the devil's advocate, here's a different scenario:

He understands how important and valuable the position is ("golden"), that he isn't just going to give it to anybody. He was assessing the different candidates and what they are bringing to the table ("they can't get it for nothing"). Are they going to fight for certain causes? Are they championing any policies that would better serve Illinois?

Okay, I admit, that scenario is far-fetched, but it was Blagojevic's argument. He was denied a fair trial. I think once the media got involved and once Obama's name got involved, he was doomed.

I think Blagojevich is a liar, but I'm concerned with the injustice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.