As I watched the Inauguration proceedings on Tuesday one thing kept coming to my mind: have we forgotten how to celebrate democracy?

Let me expound.

As "The Much Awaited One" prepared to take the solemn oath of office, I was overwhelmed with the amount of celebration that took place about Barack Hussein Obama. The only thing left-wing pundits, commentators, and the bias media were focused on was that this guy Obama was the president. And an African American one to boot. Thank you for the progress, but get over it. All the celebrations were of him. Rock bands, actors, organizations and celebrities lined up in throngs to celebrate him. It was near sickening. I didn't hear, see, smell or sense one iota mention of how amazing our Constitution is that allows such a peaceful transition of power.

Our founding fathers, as inspired servants, understood this principle and built it into the thread of our society. Never, was it a matter of person over process. I am afraid that's what our democracy has become. We have lost the spirit of our true democratic process. I believe this is a bi-partisan issue. Both parties are guilty of this problem.

If Obama fixes some of our issues, God bless him. I will support him when I can and stand up against him when I must. He is my president because this is MY country. He happens to be at the head of it. However he should never be at its helm. Its people must.

Unfortunately, the first 2.5 days have not been encouraging in my mind. Why in heaven's name would you bring TERRORISTS to our soil and treat them with all the rights of our Constitution? THEY TRIED TO KILL US! Does nobody understand this. If dripping water on someone's head yields the next terrorist plat that will save thousands of American lives, then do it. If denying terrorists the use of their religious script makes them give up other terrorists, then deny it.

I apologize if I like our country and want to keep it the way it was intended: free.

3 Comments:

  1. James said...
    Yeah, it does feel like we annointed a King a little bit.
    James said...
    Personally, not necessarily a fan of national democracy. With simple majority rule, minorities get run over.

    That's why the founding fathers created our Republic. Thing is, states/local government lose power with every little federal law, every little bailout, and every government takeover.

    It is evident that the Republic is failing. I wish people understood how dangerous Dems are right now. I know it makes people feel secure every time government comes to the rescue, but at what cost? I pray healthcare isn't the next thing the government takes over.
    Glum said...
    I hear ya. If healthcare is taken over you can kiss our careers goodbye.

    It is important for people to understand what is happening. It is difficult for them to see it though.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.