I Feel Powerless

I realize why I love fantasy books so much (anybody read the Wheel of Time?); I'm so dissatisfied with reality.
As I watch the nation being forced down the road the Pacific Coast and NE coast is leading us, I can't help but feel minute, insignificant, controlled, and powerless. The Republic was made to protect the minority, but the current empire is rolling over Southern America's and Midwest America's values.
I can't change the world. No one gives a crap what I think. I want democracy restored......not national democracy--we're fine as a Republic. I want democracy to be nurtured and restored to the Town hall meetings. I want to feel significant--not for my well-being necessarily, but mostly for my children's.

If I could change the world:

Children would be protected more than adults.
--Public television wouldn't have crude humor or profanity. I couldn't care less what is played on cable, people actually pay for that.
--Abortions wouldn't be used merely to escape consequences from stupid decisions.
--I would decide what is appropriate for teachers to teach my children.......especially regarding sticky subjects like "the family unit", sex-ed, and religion vs science.
--Inappropriate material on the Internet, especially sexually explicit garbage, would be accessible only at pay-sites (perhaps more secure/guarded connections is suitable as well). Again, children are more important than adults.

Illegal immigration would be illegal.
--I'm fine with making immigration easier, but we need to control who comes in and comes out.
--I like to think of immigrants who contribute to our society, instead of the illegals who leech off our society.

Everyone is health insured.
--I'm hoping Massachusetts' plan works out.

We become energy independent.

Common sense regarding terrorists prevail.
--It would be nice if Guantanamo wasn't considered such a bad thing........too bad we prefer terrorist prisoners stateside--hmmm....San Francisco perhaps? You think Pelosi would like that? They're going to end up some place like Kansas.......I say put 'em next to the libs; they seem to care so much.
--I hope we someday realize destroying their militias, cutting off their resources, and stop buying their stinkin' oil is the only way to deal with fanatics hell-bent on destroying us.

I'll probably blow my horn again soon........I guess this stuff was just on my mind today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.