The Joys of Fatherhood

Yesterday was an interesting day. For being such a sucky day with finals and everything, it was quite the heart-warming one too.

I knew it was going to be interesting when Paige had a BM while giving her a bath. It was hard not laughing seeing her have such a gay ole time swimming in her fecal soup, but also hard not treating her as this contaminated thing splashing E. coli all over the place.

Paige became pretty sick later on (probably not from her poop)......poor girl had the sniffles and a sore throat. The thing that I love so much about my little girl is that even when you know she is in pain, really uncomfortable, and has snot running down her face, she is still able to give one of her smiles......I'm never more proud of her than when she tries to be happy despite her struggles. Yeah, I know, I'm probably over-dramatacizing it........but I imagine you papas have had similar feelings at times.

For the first time since she was a couple days old, she slept with her parents. She must have woken up 8 times during the night........I only set aside 4 hrs of sleep to begin with. It didn't bother me remotely when she'd wake up and start patting my face or climb onto my back......I enjoyed helping her get back to sleep each time and looked forward to the next time she'd wake up and be pleasantly surprised that her parents were there with her.

You know I'm convinced, that God allows his little ones to get sick to help parents keep their lives in proper perspective. Man, I'm so grateful for my family. Posted by Picasa

1 Comment:

  1. Booker said...
    I hear ya.

    I love Paige but, I draw the line at poopy baths.

    Isn't wierd how your own kids poop doesn't seem too gross but other kids poop can make you barf?

    Its a mystery to me.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.