Yea! My first, non-political post!

We are really getting into the Christmas spirit this year. We even killed our own tree!

Yup, we wandered off into the wilderness with some friends and a chainsaw and came back with the Christmas Tree by which all Christmas trees will be judged.

Tara ambled through the forest for a mile or so before she spotted the biggest tree in the forest and said. "This is the one" We killed it, chopped it to pieces and tried to move it. It took three of us to carry it back to the truck.

Here is what was left of it when we got home.

Yea, it's twice as tall as our friend Brian.

We had to hack more of it off to fit it in the front door.

Here it is in our living room.

Tara is in the background somewhere. Not surprisingly, our house smells like pine now. So do our clothes, our child, and, I think, you can smell it in the street.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Booker

2 Comments:

  1. James said...
    Awesome!!! I'm inspired to cut something down too! Looks like it was a lot of fun......I wish my house smelled like pine--there's a distinct James smell at our place that I'm not particularly fond of.
    Glum said...
    How fun!! I also am inspired be a logger and cut stuff. we live downwind from a fertilizer plant. I am sure pine would smell much better.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.