Wish I brought my camera......darn it........I'm sure there will be some pics of me in cyberspace though.
It was encouraging to know that my feelings of anger and distrust mingled with hope for a better America were shared by many (at least 2500)--yeah, even here in the liberal pits of southern Florida.
I wasn't sure how big the turnout was going to be.........that was the scariest part. You can't find a more liberal city in Florida--maybe Miami........I seriously thought this protest could have been like so many terrifying street displays I participated in on my mission.

The number of enthusiastic people was electrifying. I hate admitting this, but I had to wear my sunglasses to hide a few tears. I regained my manhood after about 20 minutes, but it was very emotional for me. Seeing all of the American flags was cool.........the only chanting was "U.S.A........U.S.A.......U.S.A." I felt that was appropriate.

I enjoyed signing my "John Hancock" on the huge copy of the Declaration of Independence. I was happy signing my vote of no confidence in our congressmen.........I think everyone in Congress needs fired, frankly. I even relished getting all of the Ron Paul, Constitution Party, and Fair Tax pamphlets..............not a big fan of any of them, but it was still cool..........I take that back; I love Ron Paul if you take away his foreign policy.

Anyways, here's a news link for the Ft. Lauderdale Tax Day Tea Party

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.