Obama, Obama, Obama....................What is this media obsession with Obama? I won't buy the argument that he's the first black man blah blah blah (Rev. Jackson comes to mind). In the upcoming election we have a woman, a POW survivor, a 911 hero, a Mormon.............oh wait, they don't have Oprah's endorsement. I truly feel like the everpresent media has it as a goal to get the man elected. Furthermore, is the media being fair in their coverage of possible candidates...........hmmm NO! I understand that Mitt does not have Rock Star status, but his past accomplishments outshine anything the 2 year Senator has accomplished--yet Romney's announcement got 1/54 the coverage as Obama's announcement. I know, I know............there's this book: The Audacity of Hope. Since when was hope taboo? What candidate do we have that doesn't hope for a better future................I should really read this self-endorsing book, but I can't stomach his unfounded popularity to get through the first pages.

Oh, and what makes this worse..........my wife adores him!

4 Comments:

  1. James said...
    Oh, and Josh--I imagine you get Las Vegas news.....right? My first cousin is an anchorwoman for NBC.........Beth Fisher. I'm pretty proud of her.
    Josh said...
    No Vegas news here. We don't claim to be anything even related to the south of the state.

    As for Obama, he is the first African American candidate who actually has a chance. I don't think anyone ever took Al Sharpton too seriously.

    I, for one, am not so thrilled with the idea of a Mormon president. All it would take is one lousy scandal, all presidencies have them, for our church to be thrown in the limelight.

    For example, our Governor happens to consider himself Mormon. Right before the election he got a little drunk and had a little run in with a waitress. What was the first question for this guy? Yup, Why were you drinking? I think most politicians have already sold their souls and I am truly torn on how to feel about Mit. Part of me wants to vote for the guy but another part of me is scared to. What's with waffling anyway? I would have stood behind the guy in his old beliefs on abortion but he has since changed it. Too bad, it appears he wavered to fit into the conservative ideal, changing his stance to get more votes. Example 2: saying he was more pro-gay than Ted Kennedy? It's a little scary James, for a man to say whatever he needs to to get votes. If I have a Mormon president I at least want him to be someone who stands for what he believes and doesn't change it in order to make himself meet the needs of his party. He might just be worse than Kerry.

    At least Obama is what he is.

    Being Mormon hasn't helped Reid in any way. You still hate him.
    Glum said...
    Josh, I have to concur about a Mormon being president. I don't want him to win because he is Mormon, I think he will win because he has been so consistent. Can't a person change their mind? If I recall correctly, he was still pro-life even before he ran for the governership in MA. No hope to win more votes with that. I honestly think Mit is a person that has been very strong and consistent. Not to say that he isn't immune to something possibly happening in his administration, but that chance is far less then something actually happening. I will take my chances. Obama has the most legitimate chance of any African American, but so does Mit of any Mormon or conservative for that matter. Too conservative for you? I hope not.
    Josh said...
    If you're worried about Obama not having enough experience remember that our current pres came to the office with two terms as the governor of Texas, the highpoint of which was making June 10th Jesus Day.

    I can't even describe how often I often I cringe when I hear him speak. I'm sure he's smart, he must be, he just sounds so ridiculously stupid. And he is the head of our country. (silent weeping)

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.