Epic Turnout for Dems

"We Are Out of Ballots"

This means a lot of Independants went to vote for Obama. This is GREAT!............the less independants available for McCain, the better for Romney.

I am not a fan of Obama.....not at all, but it's interesting how he is making Americans happy to be Americans again....................is my opinion of him improving? Probably, it's been a while since I've seen so many people inspired........and that's where the power of our nation comes from--THE PEOPLE. It makes me feel better about a future leader, however flawed, if he empowers the people. This is a fundamental belief in the Republican party--to stop growth of the federal government and to empower local governments........Bush hasn't done that, Romney would, and that's where Obama's message is leading despite the Democrat's love for Big Brother. I just pray all these people full of "hope" do not blindly fall for government expansion.

3 Comments:

  1. James said...
    I am really bummed...........can you imagine a general election with Clinton vs. McCain.....there'd be no winners!

    I hate to say it, but I may not even vote in the general elections.......it might be too hard to stomach. I know, some people say if you don't vote, you can't complain.......well, I might have to play the military card-- as long as I wear an army uniform, I can say whatever the heck I want
    (venting aside, I'd vote for McCain--grudgingly perhaps).

    You know, before I get too crazy and apocalyptic, there's still 47 states to go =).

    I think Obama's fans got overconfident and thought their vote would be more useful for McCain. Just a theory, but McCain's strength is definately with Independants......they oddly didn't show up for Obama.....

    Am I so biased that I fail to see how the other Republicans are better options than Mitt?
    Josh said...
    I agree with you James. I have hoped for an Obama v Romney run but a McCain v Clinton would be horrendous. It would be 9 months of absolute boredom. Blue-Ribbon cronyism.

    I love that McCain has been selling himself as 'Change' (a page he took from Obama's book). It's true though. With how often he changes his mind he'd be a completely different president every month.

    Tonight though, I'm loving the numbers in the lower ranks of the republicans. Huckleberry got slammed with only 11% (I have faith in America again, if only for a little while). And Giuliani squeeked in with a whopping 1% point above Paul.

    I guess his campaign platform of the Grand Poobah of 9/11 just didn't get people that excited about the guy. Here's my favorite recent quote from him. When asked if he was worried about the results in Iowa he responded:

    ‘None of this worries me - Sept. 11, there were times I was worried,’ Giuliani said.
    -New York Daily News

    His campaign is really pitiful. Just search for Giuliani and 9/11 in google news and you can see how he has tried to turn our nations greatest tragedy into a campaign event.

    I can sum up his whole approach to becoming president. All he needs a t-shirt that says "I survived 9/11 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt. Vote Giuliani."
    Josh said...
    I'm sure you've seen this but I thought it would cheer you up a bit.

    Two second place finishes and one un-influential state have added up to give your boy Romney the highest amount of delegates thus far (on the Republican side).

    See Cnn's cool little chart thingy here.

    http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/

    Fear not, we may still have our Obama v Romney election after all.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.