Huckabee

The only thing that I'm surprised about is that it has taken this long for people to pay attention to Huckabee. He's likeable and a great speaker that lights up a room with candid humor. I think he suffered from the packed field of candidates and has recently benefitted from Brownback's departure.

That said.......I can't stand him--he's less self-righteous than Brownback was, but the only thing he brings to the table is that he is a certified evangelical.

If I was only a social conservative, I'd consider him a good alternative to Mitt Romney, but seeing how much I love a strong economy and military too, I could never vote for Huckabee. Right now the only person I could vote for on the Republican side (besides Mitt) is John McCain, albeit grudgingly (not a fan of McCain-Feingold and McCain-Kennedy). I'm prepared to research independant or libertarian candidates.

Besides standing up for family values, Huckabee is pretty liberal:

And coming from the land of Clintons, there seems to be some ethical issues as well.

You know, Mitt's going to win it all--today Mitt is leading in South Carolina (hey Josh, I thought evangelicals would never support Mitt?) and in Iowa, the only state that Huckabee has a shot in (tied there with Rudy in second place), Mitt is ahead by 20 points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2007| No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.